When a home system or appliance covered by your home warranty breaks, you can sign in to place your request online or call 800.992.3400. We’ll assign a service provider, who will call you to schedule an appointment. At the appointment, the technician will diagnose the problem and, if needed, report the findings to us. If the problem can be fixed often the technician will be able to repair the item that day.
Request Service from First American
- You can request service online or by phone 24/7:
- Sign in to place your request online. You can pay the service fee online.
- Call 800.992.3400. Make sure we have your current email address so we can send you updates about your service request.
- At the appointment, the technician will diagnose the problem and, if needed, report the findings to us.
- Once we confirm that the problem is covered by your contract, we will approve the repair, and the technician will proceed with fixing the problem.
Repair or Replacement
- If the problem can be fixed, often the technician will be able to repair the item that day.
- If your covered item cannot be repaired, we will replace it with an item with similar features, efficiency, and capacity.*
If Parts Are Needed
If the contractor doesn’t have parts that are needed to complete the repair, we’ll do our best to get them as quickly as possible. Usually, parts are easy to acquire, however, sometimes there are delays in securing parts or equipment.
The contractor will set up an appointment to complete the repair once the parts have been secured. There is no additional service fee charge to complete the repair.
*For kitchen refrigerators, repair or replacement of ice makers, ice crushers, beverage dispensers and their respective equipment will only be completed when parts are available.
Have More Questions?
Here are answers to common questions about the home warranty service process: