Buying or selling a home? Home warranty coverage can provide an added layer of financial protection in the event that a covered appliance or home system suddenly fails. But the benefits of home warranty coverage don’t stop there. In fact, whether you are a buyer, seller, or real estate agent, there are many reasons why you can benefit from having home warranty coverage:
Buyers Benefit from a Home Warranty Because it:
- protects their budget from costly repairs on covered items.
- provides an easy, time-saving way to find service providers when a covered item breaks down.
- provides the security of unlimited service calls and flexibility of 24/7 service requests.
Sellers Benefit from a Home Warranty Because it:
- protects them from the hassle and reduced marketability that breakdowns can cause during the listing period.
- gives buyers the confidence to submit their best possible offers.
- prevents the sale from being derailed or postponed if covered breakdowns occur during the transaction.
Agents Benefit from Placing a Home Warranty on Every Listing Because it:
- reduces post-sale liability. If a covered item breaks down, the new homeowners can contact their home warranty company for assistance.
- reduces stress during the listing period. If a covered appliance or home system breaks down, the home warranty company will take care of it.
- helps make listings stand out in the market.
- increases opportunities for referrals.
Predicting when a home system or appliance might suddenly fail is as difficult as predicting the weather. But when those unexpected breakdowns are covered by a home warranty everyone benefits.