It’s hard not to feel a little down when the holiday season ends. Not only are all of the parties and presents behind us, but after removing the festive decorations, the world often seems just a bit darker. Who says you need to take down your holiday lights after the New Year? One of the best ways to keep a little twinkle brightening up the inside and outside of your home is to leave up, repurpose, or even add white string lights year-round.
- Get outside sooner by brightening up your porch, patio, or backyard and create a beautiful ambiance by stringing lights in your trees and outdoor structures such as pergolas and awnings.
- Brighten up the bedroom and add some romance by stringing lights across your ceiling, through a fabric canopy bed, or over the headboard.
- Add lights to found objects to create an illuminated centerpiece. Add cheer to items such as, wine bottles, vases, lanterns, and jars — the lights give the illusion of fireflies
- Light the corners of your family room or office by stringing up lights. You can add them across the edges of the ceiling or drape them from corner to corner.
- Create custom chandeliers by dangling lights from objects such as branches, wagon wheels, antlers, existing light fixtures, or simply draping them across the room.
- Dress up your plants. The holiday ornaments may be packed away, but you can show off your plants and potted trees with a string of lights.
- Give Mother Nature a bit of help by lighting up doors and windows by stringing light “curtains” across them to add a little more ambient light through the remaining days of winter.