When fall arrives and temperatures begin to drop, it’s time to start preparing your home for winter. Exterior and interior home maintenance is important to get your home ready to fend off the rain, wind, snow, and ice. If you want to keep Jack Frost out and keep your home warm and toasty inside, here's what to do:
Five Home Maintenance Tasks to Do Now
- Inspect heating and HVAC systems
- Get the fireplace ready
- Check your home's interior and exterior, doors, and windows
- Examine roof, gutters, and downspouts
- Prevent plumbing freezes (infographic)
Although you can’t always predict what Jack Frost will send your way each winter, taking a few precautions this fall can mean less time cleaning up from weather-induced problems later. And you'll have more time to spend with the kids building snowmen in the backyard.
Check out these additional articles that can help you get ready for winter:
- 8 Ways to Prepare Your Home for Winter
- Heat Your Home Efficiently
- Winter Tips and Tidbits (infographic)
Look into First American Home Warranty Coverage
Learn more about the coverage a First American home warranty provides for crucial home systems and appliances you count on in the winter months.